Re: [GNU-linux-libre] more http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG stu

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] more http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG stuff
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:58:27 +0200

Henry Jensen schreef:
> Removed (possible) non-free fonts
> ---------------------------------
> - Kinnari
> COPYING states:
> Copyright (C) 1999 Db Type. All Rights Reserved.
> Copyright (C) 2007 National Electronics and Computer Technology Center.
> All Rights Reserved.

Dropped in Debian version 0.4.3 because of unclear license. Reintroduced
in version 0.4.9-1 ("new upstream release"), license in copyright file
is now GPL-2+-BY-Font. I haven't searched for more information about this.

> - Loma
> COPYING states:
> Copyright (C) 2003, NECTEC. All rights reserved.
> The source files state:
>  (c) NECTEC, 2003. All rights reserved.\nModified under GNU General Public
> License by TLWG"
> Remark: I found this suspicious. It isn't mentioned that the author gave the
> permission
> to modify it under GPL. So I removed it.

The COPYING file in 0.4.8 says:

This package collects Thai scalable fonts available in free licenses,
and maintains and distributes them under GNU General Public License with
original authors' permissions.

Loma is listed as GPL-2+-BY-Font.

> - Sawasdee
> COPYING states:
> Copyright (C) 2007 Pol Udomwittayanukul <address@hidden>.
> All rights reserved.

Debian changelog doesn't mention a problem, license is GPL-2+-BY-Font.

> - Umpush
> COPYING states:
> Copyright (C) 2003 NECTEC. All rights reserved.
> Copyright (c) 2007 Widhaya Trisarnwadhana <address@hidden>. All rights
> reserved.
> The source files state:
> Copyright (c) 2003 NECTEC. All rights reserved.\nCopyright (c) 2007 Widhaya
> Trisarnwadhana. All rights reserved. Modified under GNU General Public
> Licenseby TLWG.
> Remark: Same issue as with Loma

Same comment as with Loma.

> - Waree
> Copyright (c) 2003 by Bitstream, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The license from Bitstream seems similar to the Open Font License, which
is free.