Re: [GNU-linux-libre] more http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG stu

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] more http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG stuff
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:12:45 +0200

Hello Sam,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:41:40 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> > - ttf-thai, in Debian based distros the name is ttf-thai-tlwg,
> > contains non-free fonts. thaifonts-scalable-libre exists.[2]
>
> What's non-free about it?

I quote the mail I wrote to the Parabola GNU/linux List (where ttf-thai is
blacklisted):

Since the ttf-thai package contains many non-free fonts and is on the
blacklist,
but also contains free fonts, I have created ttf-thai-libre as replacement.

Included free fonts
-------------------
- Garuda
Original public domain, modified under GPL

- Norasi
Copyright (C) 1999, The National Font Project (v.beta).
Yannis Haralambous, Virach Sornlertlamvanich and Anutara Tantraporn.
All rights reserved.
Modified under GNU General Public License, with creators' permission,
by Thai Linux Working Group (TLWG).

- Purisa
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004 Poonlap Veerathanabutr
<address@hidden>, GPL license

- TlwgMono, TlwgTypewriter, TlwgTypist, TlwgTypo
Licensed under GPL acccording to README and since
they imported FreeMono.sfd, which is also licensed under GPL

Removed (possible) non-free fonts
---------------------------------
- Kinnari
COPYING states:
Copyright (C) 1999 Db Type. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (C) 2007 National Electronics and Computer Technology Center.
All Rights Reserved.

- Loma
COPYING states:
Copyright (C) 2003, NECTEC. All rights reserved.
The source files state:
 (c) NECTEC, 2003. All rights reserved.\nModified under GNU General Public
License by TLWG"
Remark: I found this suspicious. It isn't mentioned that the author gave the
permission
to modify it under GPL. So I removed it.

- Sawasdee
COPYING states:
Copyright (C) 2007 Pol Udomwittayanukul <address@hidden>.
All rights reserved.

- Umpush
COPYING states:
Copyright (C) 2003 NECTEC. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2007 Widhaya Trisarnwadhana <address@hidden>. All rights reserved.
The source files state:
Copyright (c) 2003 NECTEC. All rights reserved.\nCopyright (c) 2007 Widhaya
Trisarnwadhana. All rights reserved. Modified under GNU General Public
Licenseby TLWG.
Remark: Same issue as with Loma

- Waree
Copyright (c) 2003 by Bitstream, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Kind regards,

Henry