Re: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:08:36 -0500

    > My proposal does that automatically.  If filter-branch doesn't do that,
    > I think that implies filter-branch is not the same thing.

    Compatibility as in  git pull/merge  recognizing automatically the
    saved-away commit equivalences?

I am not sure what that means.

The correspondence table would be saved permanently (unless you delete it),
so the proper command could automatically move any change from one
repository to the other.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation