Re: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] The "Free" Kernel In Debian Squeeze
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:20:49 -0500

    > Maybe a series of rebase operations could handle them one by one,

    I think there's some miscommunication.  rebase won't deal with blobs,
    filter-branch will.  rebase (used as described) will just apply (ranges
    of) changes from one branch into a rewritten branch.

Yes, I know that.  The rebase handles all the revisions that don't
affect blobs.

I cannot restate this in full detail every time I refer to it.

    Once the rebasing and the remembering you described above (and I
    described before) are easily integrated into git pull/merge/rebase, I
    believe so.

Why does it matter to integrate them into git?
Using a special command for the conversion is no big deal.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation