Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Parabola GNU/Linux

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Parabola GNU/Linux
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:11:28 GMT

    1. The Parabola developers perform no rebranding of any kind. This
    results in the installer claiming to the "Arch Linux". I've also
    found that the GRUB menu lists it as "Arch Linux" when booting, and
    so does the login prompt. (There's probably more, I imagine but
    that's where I stopped.)

    I wonder how this fits in the the "we will not list a distribution
    whose name makes confusion with non-free distributions likely" in
    the Free Distro Guidelines?

It seems problematic to me, FWIW.

Do other already-declared-free distros also not rename in these highly
visible places?

Thanks,