Re: [GNU-linux-libre] chromium not free?

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] chromium not free?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:20:15 +0100

re all,

i can see two problems in how this discussion has evolved.

one is language: use of "proper" english spelled in long and fairly
complicated phrases to enforce a position that was answered (let's
trust at the "upstream"); the other one is a deja vu from the Lame
diatribe wether is free or not: Debian maintainers at that time stated
Lame is not free and were battled by people that took Mark Taylor's
(upstream) statement at that time as true, without doubting upstream,
but actually building freedom on top of its declarations.

now i'm sorry for what happened and in general i also recommend to
base your analysis on the original source code distributor and not on
the distributions.

ciao