Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Request for Endorsement for ConnochaetOS

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Request for Endorsement for ConnochaetOS
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:34:21 +0200

Hello Jason,

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 09:09:14 -0700 (PDT)
"Jason Self" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Henry Jensen wrote:
> > So "free software" and "open source" are considered as the same
> > community at the FSFE.
>
> But ConnochaetOS isn't requesting an endorsement from FSFE.

Well, I know they are independent organisations. But since the FSF
don't have an organisation here and english is not my native language,
I must rely on that what the FSFE in Germany is saying.

So, now you are saying that FSF and FSFE are have different positions
on this matter. That's a pity but I think that must be worked out
between those organisations at the top level. Regarding this matter,
there are very fine and detailed nuances which may even differ from
person to person. In fact I know that RMS is now involved in this
matter and I have received a mail from him in which he says, that both,
free software and open source camp, "are part of one community". Since
it is a personal mail I can't quote it here entirely.

> With the earlier recommendation to install the non-free kernel, and now the
> recommendation to use Plop, if the website is being edited by members of the
> community is there anything in place to ensure that things like this don't
> happen?

Yes, we have a section for reporting bugs as I wrote in the initial
mail. This things happen, it happens at other free distros as well.
AFAIK the FSDG do allow to make mistakes and of course we will correct
them promptly.

Regards,

Henry