Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO

From: Zlatan Todoric
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 18:27:34 +0200

Hello,

On 06/09/2016 05:24 PM, Joshua Gay wrote:
> * Can you tell us how you go about deblobbing the kernel? Did you base
> your work on an existing set of scripts used to deblob the kernel or did
> you write your own?

We used libre kernel before but we now settled with Debian kernel which
is since totally free nowdays (since Wheezy if I am not mistaking).

> * Do you comply with this section of the guidlines:
> (<https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html#mistakes>)?
> Specifically, do you tell people how they can file nonfree bugs if they
> find them?

Yes, people can go to https://github.com/purism/ and fill bugs. Notice
that we are preparing our own infrastructure so we aren't dependent on
GitHub but rather just mirror there from our infra.

> *  Your distro should not have users select official Debian GNU/Linux
> repos. These repos have contrib and nonfree areas and many Debian
> packages make it trivial easy to select the contrib and nonfree areas.
> Users don't need to be prevented from manually adding repos, but your
> distro shouldn't steer users toward Debian GNU/Linux repos, since Debian
> GNU/Linux itself does not meet the GFDG.

We don't, our repos are:

deb http://repo.pureos.net/pureos_meta stretch main
deb http://repo.pureos.net/pureosrepo pureos main
deb http://repo.pureos.net/puresecurity stretch/updates main

And we only have main in sync so adding contrib and non-free is not
possible.

Director of Technology @Purism