Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 13:55:07 -0400

On 06/11/2016 10:15 AM, Zlatan Todoric wrote:

> On 06/11/2016 03:45 AM, Julie Marchant wrote:
>> This is what /etc/apt/sources.list contains in the PureOS I installed
>> from the ISO listed on Purism's page on PureOS:
>>
>> debhttp://security.debian.org/  stretch/updates main
>> deb-srchttp://security.debian.org/  stretch/updates main
>>
>> There are no additional sources found in sources.list or sources.list.d.
>> The only other sources to be found are commented out, and they refer to
>> the Debian Stretch live CD.
>
> Of course, you didn't try the ISO link we provided in initial mail
> http://repo.puri.sm/pureosrepo/iso/PureOS-3.0-Desktop-gnome.iso which
> resolved all this.

Of course, but it would be better if volunteers on this list couldn't so
easily make a "mistake", such as downloading the "wrong" ISO image,
because of instead of following instructions in your email, they simply
followed links from the PureOS homepage.

If I understand correctly, what you are saying is that in the directory
<http://repo.puri.sm/pureosrepo/iso/> there are some PureOS ISOs which
you believe meet the GNU Free Distro Guidelines (GFDG) and other PureOS
ISOs which you believe do not meet the GFDG. Can you tell us what your
plan is for fixing the ones which do not meet the GFDG? Are you planning
on removing them? Is there a reason for having the old ISOs around? When
will the new ISOs be linked to instead of the old ones?

Since you have gotten some feedback from this list, perhaps the next
step should be for you to go ahead and make updates to the official
PureOS Web site and resources in the official repo (repo.puri.sm/*) and
then check back with this list when that work is complete and you are
confident that you are fully in compliance (for all official PureOS
resources) with the GFDG?

Best,

Josh