Re: Do I have to release the patch for a GPL software under GPL?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Do I have to release the patch for a GPL software under GPL?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:19:00 +0200 (CEST)

   > Ask yourself the following, and all your questions will be answered:
   > Does the patch work without the GPLed software?  If it doesn't, then
   > it is clearly a deriviate work.

   It may well be a "deriviate" work (whatever that means in the GNU
   Republic). But this "test" has absolutely nothing to do with the
   legal meaning of "derivative" regarding computer program works --
   stuff protected under Berne Convention as literary works (and,
   under US case law, modulo the AFC test).

It has alot to do with the legal meaning of derivative.  What doesn't
have anything to do with the legal meaning of derivative is your
constant blabbering.  It also has to do with the acutal GPL.