Re: GNU/Linux Super Promotion on VISTA release day.

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Super Promotion on VISTA release day.
Date: 03 Oct 2006 15:49:41 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:
>    If we are to hand out CDs, we should hand out ones that have only
>    free software.  I know of two fully free GNU/Linus distros:
>
>    http://www.gnewsense.org/
>    http://www.ututo.org/
>
> There are more, Dynebolic, BLAG, GNUStep, and Musix GNU/Linux.

You're right.  I should have said that I know of two GNU/Linux distros that
would be good for handing out to the general public (not aimed at a specific
type of user) that are fully free and are actively maintained.

>From the above list, BLAG looks like it might also be suitable.  The most
suitable can be picked when the date is closer.

But I think it's a good idea to decide now that the PR side of this is worth
doing.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by