Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 19:12:58 +0100

Le jeudi 31 octobre 2019, 02:36:03 CET Ruben Safir a écrit :
> On 10/30/19 7:22 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> > And then there were RMS's disgusting public comments defending sexual
> > exploitation of minors,
>
> There was nothing disgusting about it and he absolutely 100% wasn't
> defending sexual exploitation of minors.  It is not even near to what he
> said.

She obviously was misleaded by the medias.  Note it’s not her fault.  She
can’t be responsible for the lies throwed at her.

Maybe, but that’s not so big, for the fact not to have took the time to check
the sources.  But unfortunately not everybody has time and energy for that :/

That’s problem of reading and thus trusting medias.

> ***You owe RSM and all of us an apology right now***

She don’t.  She was only mistaken.  We should not attack mistaken people, but
help them stop being mistaken.  Otherwise, we may end up alone(

> me seriously question your moral character

> It is clear to me that such a hysterical and irresponsible statement

This is insulting (also the word “hysterical” is known for sexist origins, and
widely used against women, that’s sad to reuse it).  You shouldn’t insult
people, and doing so as against women, you’re sadly making her point valid :/

> Your email was offensive and disgusting.

Please don’t live by the rules of people you’re against :/ it’s not healthy.

> hiding that fact behind charges of sexism is immoral.

For instance, being immoral on the grounds that the person you’re attacking
have been too, might be the source of infinite escalation leading to chaos you
initially wanted to avoid.