Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 23:21:23 +0300

* Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss) <936-846-2769@kylheku.com> [2020-02-22 21:27]:
> On 2020-02-22 01:22, Andreas Enge wrote:
> > And another ad-hominem attack. Can you substantiate the claim of us
> > being
> > powermongers?
>
> You have a Code of Conduct, the bulk of which is about how people will be
> kicked
> out.
>
> https://wiki.gnu.tools/wiki:code-of-conduct
>
> "Enforcement", "Ban", "Correction", "Warning" ....
>
> You are sick.

I would not say so. People learn in life what they learn. They have
copied the code of conduct, without profound analysis of it, they have
copied the "social contract" term without profound analysis, they have
wrote it in such manner to be in future amended as they wish, as now
the "Social Contract" has the version number 1.0 -- it is so obvious
that they will be introducing other postulates into it.

That is not sick, that is intentional division among the number of
people who are contributors to GNU. That is intentional damage to the
image of the GNU and intentional misrepresentation. If GNU loses
donation, they can sue them, but RMS would never do it. I am just
saying hypotheticaly, would they do the same to proprietary software
company, they would be already in deep financial trouble.

But instead of writing so much about other things on their website, I
would like to see writings and philosophical approach from that small
group of people behind the non-GNU website gnu.tools -- there is
nothing much.

There is not even one seminar that I could find by Ludovic Courtès
about free software philosophy, including Andy Wingo or other
contributors.

I have done two seminars on GNU free software system back in time in
Mediothek of Stuttgart, Germany. I was the one who was introducing the
GNU operating system in former Yugoslavian area, back in time around
2002 and promoting it, including that I have made and prepared my own
special GNU/Linux distribution which was first in that area, and
specially prepared for mobile and encrypted communication.

Yet I am not contributor to GNU, and for that reason, people like me
are not welcome in any discussion with them, as Ludovic Courtès is
discriminating people who are contributing to discussion.

They value only the list of GNU maintainers.

The list of bug reports is quite surely not important for them. There
are so many people who are contributing with code to GNU, but they are
the lower cast, which they do not wish to look upon.

They are, like Ludo recently said to Alex "not invited to anything"
because they are not "GNU people". "GNU people" are only GNU
maintainers, provided their names are in their file of "GNU
maintainers".

The file is a collection of information of people for which they did
not get permission to collect it under the EU regulation. They do not
respect the EU charter of fundamental rights, even though they are
located in EU. They do not uphold legal values of their own area, but
wish that other people upkeep with them, to uphold their own values.

Reference:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:12012P/TXT

"Article 7

Respect for private and family life

Everyone has the right to respect for his or her private and family
life, home and communications."

Thus collection of GNU maintainers from GNU mailing lists represents
violation of private life and communications.

They are not up to it. It does not matter.

Reference to GDPR:
https://gdpr-info.eu/art-5-gdpr/

Personal data shall be: collected for specified, explicit and
legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is
incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving
purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research
purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article
89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes
(‘purpose limitation’);

Collecting GNU maintainers' personal information, first name, last
name, email address, for the purpose to divide them, for the purpose
to tell them how GNU project is bad (reference:
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/ or
"Joint Statement on GNU project") -- is violation of the GDPR and
privacy. It is incompatible with those purposes.

Who is controller of the personal data collected? Can gnu.tools,
Ludovic Courtès, Andy Wingo, Carlos O'Donell, Mark Wielaard and Andy
Enge tell us more and give transparency about controlling personal
data of GNU maintainers? There is no GDPR notice on the website,
neither privacy policy that I could find it.

The "Code of Conduct" on their website:
https://wiki.gnu.tools/wiki:code-of-conduct says: that "Examples of
unacceptable behavior include: Publishing others' private information,
such as a physical or email address, without their explicit
permission" -- but their own illegal collection of personal
information of GNU maintainers is alright for them. I see there a lot
of hypocrisy. Who is to trust them?

They do not have legitimate interest to collect such data. Thus their
collection is illegal in EU. I do not vouch for those laws, I am just
pointing out that their writings and pretensions do not correspond and
are contradictory to their real activities.

What they are vouching for is to have more control over GNU project as
being technicaly skilled. I don't know what it is, I would like to
know what it is. So far we know publicly, there is some not so secret
but secret agenda, for example, they five people disdain RMS for some
here not mentioned extreme political reasons very popular in
France. Their agenda is thus to try somehow to remove RMS. They are
trying to gain support from GNU maintainers who are then to make
pressure on FSF (even if not relevant for GNU), or whatever other
parties, to remove the RMS.

In their writings there is very little of free software philosophy,
their backgrounds are not fundamental, rather technical.

They are discriminating among the people based on their level of
experience or involvement in GNU project. They do not ask who is who,
they just look into their illegally collected "GNU maintainers file",
and if person's name is not on the list, it comes to ignored list.

Jean