Re: Risks of deterministic builds

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Risks of deterministic builds
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 22:46:25 +0200

Jean Louis writes:

> * Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> [2021-04-08 16:43]:
>> Martin writes:
>
> From https://bootstrapping.miraheze.org/wiki/Stage0
>
>> Design
>
>> Stage0 starts with only 1 thing:
>
>> 1) A sub 500 byte hex monitor [How you create it is up to you; I like
>> toggling it in manually myself]
>
>> from that starting point, I have provided in easy to audit form
>> (direct mapping between Hex, its effective assembly and a C
>> implementation) a series of hex utilities that are required for basic
>> development work. These files are in the stage1 folder.
>
> How do you toggle it manually itself?

I believ those are Jeremia Orians's words and I don't think we've
arrived at that stage yet.  We started off by cutting corners to get
something that "works", and went from there: improving the bootstrap,
removing more binary seeds, removing shortcuts.

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org