Re: 1.4.4 few bugs / problems...

From: David Symonds
Subject: Re: 1.4.4 few bugs / problems...
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:27:06 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Olivier [iso-8859-1] Gu?ry wrote:

I'm not an expert by any means with lilypond, but I've used it for a
while, so I'll answer what I can...

>       - bar number are two hight ;

Don't know about this; you might need to set a barNumber_engraver property
or something.

>       - minor are print with m or with no3 (when there's a bass on the chord)
> ;

Minor chords are _meant_ to be printed that way (i.e. with an 'm'). The
no3 you're getting is because you're inverting a chord to get the third in
the bass and lilypond is moving that note. "C/E" will yield Cno3 (with E
bass). To avoid this, use "C/+E" which will add the bass note.

>       - some chord are too closed... It seems that they belong to the same
> chord ;

In your \paper section, try this:

        \paper {
                ...     % other stuff
                \translator {
                        \ChordNamesContext
                        ChordName \override #'word-space = #1
                }
        }

>       - if I name the chord part "chords" lilypond failed ;

That's because "chords" is a reserved keyword in lilypond.

>       - I don't found how can I setup the midiInstrument for the chords (the
> default instrument is "britepno" and my timidity can't find it ;

In the score section, when you insert the chords, use:

        \context ChordNames \chords {
                \property ChordNames.instrument = "harpsichord"
                \myChords
        }

Hope this helps,

David Symonds