Another lilypond pdf problem

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Another lilypond pdf problem
Date: 26 Jul 2001 20:10:38 -0400

Or maybe the same one, but it isn't obvious to me.

The one I know about is that when you look at the output of ps2pdf in
the acrobat reader onscreen, it's fuzzy.  However, most of my
experience indicates that the printout is comparable in quality to the
postscript printed by ghostscript.  Since most people play music from
printouts and not from computer screens, I can live with this version
of the problem.

However, one of the people I play with, who prints from windows, finds
she's getting fuzzy printouts, as well as fuzzy screen display.  She's
non-technical, so debugging remotely is sort of difficult.  I asked
her what version of Adobe she has installed, and gave her explicit
instructions for how to find out, but haven't gotten the answer.

One of the files that gives her a problem is
http://www.laymusic.org/music/josquin/deploration.pdf

In Linux, with acroread 4.05, I get a fuzzy screen display, but a good
printout.

Is there someone here who can reproduce her version of the problem,
or has any idea what to do about it?

She's the first person who's told me about this problem, and there are
a fair number of people who download my music.  I'm sure they wouldn't
continue to do so if it looked like the acroread display.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139