Another lilypond pdf problem

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Another lilypond pdf problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:03:11 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> The one I know about is that when you look at the output of ps2pdf in
> the acrobat reader onscreen, it's fuzzy.  However, most of my

Can you tell what you mean by "fuzzy"? Acrobat will use anti-aliasing
if the output is made using Type-1 font files (which looks fuzzy by
some definitions). If using PK files, you will get jagged characters,
which also doesn't look very nice.

> However, one of the people I play with, who prints from windows, finds
> she's getting fuzzy printouts, as well as fuzzy screen display.  She's
> non-technical, so debugging remotely is sort of difficult.  I asked
> her what version of Adobe she has installed, and gave her explicit
> instructions for how to find out, but haven't gotten the answer.

What kind of printer does she have? (what resolution?) At what
resolution did you generate the PDF file? Which version of ghostscript
did you use?

The best way to generate PDF is to use Type-1 fonts (they were posted
to the list some time ago) and to use ghostscript 6.0 or better.