RE: Re: Another lilypond pdf problem

From: maartenwisse
Subject: RE: Re: Another lilypond pdf problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:08:49 -0400

Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

>address@hidden writes:
>>
>>     >> However, one of the people I play with, who prints from windows, finds
>>     >> she's getting fuzzy printouts, as well as fuzzy screen display.
>>
>>     Han-Wen> What kind of printer does she have? (what resolution?)
>>
>> I asked her that, too, and she didn't know.  But she prints out other
>> stuff (including the music I produce with abc2ps) without complaining
>> about it.
>
>One of the things that could be happening is that she prints the file 600dpi
>at 480 dpi; scaling between such incompatible resolutions will give
>very poor results.  If you really want to find out, set the Metafont
>mode matching her printer, using tex-config. If that also gives
>"fuzzy" printout, please let me know.
>
>> I'd rather not use the type-1 fonts until they get officially
>> maintained.  Especially with Jurgen doing so much work with the
>> ancient fonts -- I don't want to not notice that there's a symbol
>> missing.
>

>good idea. I'll install textrace.
Is a good idea I think. But I'd suggest that you wait a moment until a new
version 0.5 is on Freshmeat. I recently got an email from Syrupolous again. He
is on the textrace mailinglist and he said there is a patch now which greatly
improves textrace conversion quality. He is going to port cbgreek now with
textrace, because due to the patch, textrace seems to work with ligatures.
Greetings,

Maarten

P.s. Anyhow, I wonder whether someone found a bug in the pfb fonts apart from
the brace problem which I found myself.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with address@hidden
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/