gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] 3D file formats

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] 3D file formats
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:40:49 +0200

On Freitag, Oktober 11, 2002, at 03:21  Uhr, Brent Gulanowski wrote:
On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 03:55 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
On Dienstag, Oktober 8, 2002, at 07:30  Uhr, Brent Gulanowski wrote:

Anyway, that's a lot to digest. I'll have written a book by the time this is done with. Actually, being 1)the newbie and 2)a trained writer, I restate my willingness to take over any documentation tasks. Phil, please include documentation objectives amongst those other project objectives I mentioned last message.

It would be very useful if you could do that! What do you propose, would you ie. be interested in writing a white paper ( and later a users' guide or programmers' guide)?

Yes, that seems the standard way to go about it, and matches my style. The white paper could go through a number of drafts over the course of the development, I guess. If we could lay out the structure of the design and the major interface groups, that would be good. I'm happy to let Matt do the API guide.

So what about the API ref is generated from the headers (to be uploaded to CVS) and the white paper would then be based on this ref? Of course in order to have a good API reference we (Matt? me?) need to provide good description of all methods and classes.

I think I will find some time to upload the headers tomorrow Saturday or then Sunday (depends on the workload at SGI, we are close to another release...).

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip