gnu3dkit-dev

[Gnu3dkit-dev] General goals and strategies?

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: [Gnu3dkit-dev] General goals and strategies?
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:55:20 -0400

On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 12:27  PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

BTW, did any of my speculations of the graph organization have an applicable value?

I am not sure if I understood it completely... I agree that we should try to keep the design/class hierarchy simple (make it even simpler as it is now) and use the features of ObjC whenever possible. But on the other side, rendering performance must never be neglected! So what I did is I redesigned the graph traversal code to be more flexible and extensible w/o affecting the final performance. Please review this part of the new design as soon as I have uploaded the stuff and let me know what you think!

I will do my best to analyze everything ASAP once it goes online.

As for my discussions being confusing, that is a problem where I write too much. I thought I would boil away the fat, and then try to integrate what was left with my interpretations of others' intentions. Here is a summary, citing goals and strategies. Now instead of reading the ramblings out of my head, you can just scan through and say "yes", "no", "maybe", "do it yourself", "maybe in version 2.0", etc. I will break them up into separate messages. This way, you can respond to each separately and follow my lead and write up more!

So far there are four; they follow this intro.

--
Brent Gulanowski                                address@hidden

There are only two industries that refer to their customers as "users".
     -Edward Tufte