gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] Documentation Project

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] Documentation Project
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:38:19 +0200

Hi,

this is maybe a very good idea. To finally make some progress again, I planned to upload all header files to the CVS (including empty implementations maybe) so that you see my ideas. I would then fill in the code which would come from 0.3 ASAP. But unfortunately there are still some issues with the design which are not yet finalised, ie the new camera design to name one.

I hesitate taking the old 0.3.x tree, adding the new files as is to let everyone working on it, because I think this would turn out to be a little messy - I'd rather have a simple version to start with (that is no graph optimisation, GL optimisations etc.), so that the design is understandable by anyone and that design flaws are detected early!

What do you think?

-Phil