gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] Strings and parameter lists

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] Strings and parameter lists
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:51:48 +0100

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 08:54  Uhr, Gerard Iglesias wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 08:37 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
Is your plan to design/implement a "RIB loader" which creates a 3DKit scene graph from a RIB file or are you planning to come up with a "stream processor" which feeds the RIB to the renderer of choice directly?

My plan is to have RIB as a file format for 3DKit, hence it does mean RIB --> 3D scene editable.... What do you think.

I think this would the most natural way if you think of the 3DKit mainly as a scene graph API.

In the meantime, maybe the design of the parser would permit to build what we want from the RIB file.

In fact I am using this target to combine 3Dkit test plus something very very usefull.

If we come with an open source RIB file format parser enough generic ...

I agree.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert