Re: If you are volunteering we can certainly put you to work.

From: Todd Boyle
Subject: Re: If you are volunteering we can certainly put you to work.
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:11:07 -0700

I would be willing to contribute to the general ledger or financial
project if it has clear requirements.

In my opinion, requirements must be observed at several levels.
Goals and requirements at a business or "enterprise" level,
and at technical and infrastructure levels.   I would like to
contribute to definitions of ledgers and their various methods,
elements of the content such as charts of accounts, etc.

XBRL taxonomy for GLs has not done a bad job of enumerating
most of these things now, let's help them out with an implementation.
An implementation that understands and embraces not just
"mapping the content", but interoperability of GLs.   Let's
build a GL that is compatible and interoperable with *every*
reasonable GL in the world, commercial or otherwise.

Todd