Another opportunity to publicize GNUe

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: Another opportunity to publicize GNUe
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:27:12

I have attached below the call for presentations and demonstrations for a
conference to be held in Washington, D.C. next March.  The deadline for
proposals is January 10.  The topics are listed in the call.  There are
lots of potential topics that related to GNUe.  I will review the proposals
we submitted to the previous conference and I have some ideas for
additional proposals.  I think we should propose a demo and at least three
presentations.

Stan Klein

*********************

Call for Papers

The Cyber Security Policy and Research Institute (CSPRI) of The George
Washington University, UNDP, GSA, DISA, NAVY Office of the CIO, The
Danish National IT and Telecom Agency are proud to present a conference on
"Open Source for National and Local eGovernment Programs in the U.S. and EU"
to be held in Washington, DC, USA, March 17 - 19, 2003.

This conference is designed to discuss best practices, raise awareness and the
share experiences among policy makers from the U.S. and Europe. The
conference will draw participants from local, national and international
organizations
from the public, private and academic sectors.

To facilitate the organization of topics and events at the conference, you
are invited
to submit speaking and demonstration proposals.

Suggested Topics

Please submit your proposal no later than January 10, 2003.

Suggested topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

     Citizen-Centric eGovernment
     Open Source XML Solutions
     Open Source and Open Standards
     Open Source and Enterprise Architecture
     State / Local Government using Open Source
     The Role of Open Source in Government
     Demonstrations of Open Source Projects
     Open Source and Security
     Open Source and the Critical Information Infrastructure
     NIAP/Common Criteria Evaluations and Open Source
     Open Source in the Military
     Open Source, PKI and Standards-based Authentication
     Open Source in Higher Education
     Open Source in Health Care and Bioinformatics
     Open Source in Training IT Computer Science Students
     Business Cases: Open Source Software and Total Cost of Ownership
     Open Source Empowering People with Disabilities
     Open Source and Section 508
     Open Source Licenses and other Legal Issues

Dates to Remember

Deadline for speaking proposals:

                        January 10, 2003
Notification of acceptance:

                        January 20th, 2003
Final submissions due:

                        January 31st, 2003
Conference:

                        March 17-19, 2003

The conference website can be found at http://www.egovos.org.

Submissions and editorial questions should be directed to the conference
committee
at the email address, address@hidden

Conference Committee

U.S.
Tony Stanco, CSPRI
Bruce Perens, CSPRI
Adam Turoff, CSPRI
Nick Guzman, George Washington University
Joseph Broghamer, Office of the Chief Information Officer Department of the
Navy
Susan Turnbull, Office of Intergovernmental Solutions U.S. General Services
Administration (GSA)
Terry Bollinger, MITRE
Janina Sajka, America Foundation for the Blind
Brand Niemann, Federal XML Services Working Group
David A. Wheeler, Institute for Defense Analyses
Sarah M. Weinberg, MitreTEK

EU
John Gotze, The Danish National IT and Telecom Agency
Philippe Aigrain, European Commission
Rishab Aiyer Ghosh, FLOSS

International
Raul Zambrano, UNDP