Re: [GNUe] hello... and bug?

From: chafar
Subject: Re: [GNUe] hello... and bug?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:52:53 +0100

El jue, mar 18, a las 18:33:11 Reinhard Mueller escrib?a:
> Hi,
>
> Am Do, 2004-03-18 um 18.21 schrieb address@hidden:
> > The problem appears at login attempt, that times out. I suspect some
> > problem around de new caching system. I'll attach relevant log output
> > from server and the content of gnue database (just that what sample
> > installing script puts on it).
>
> Thank you for your bug report.
>
> The reason for the timeout is that we have all ~200 country names in our
                                                  ^^^
                                                  288 ;)
> sample database, and if the database backend needs more than 1 second to
> deliver these, appserver times out.
>
> We have added a "timeout=xx" option since the last release, and that
> option will help you fix those issues in the next release.
>
> Until then, you might try to delete some countries from the sample .SQL
> file.
>
> Please let me know if it works afterwards.

Fine, but not deleting country codes; instead, I've changed the value for
self._timeout at ClientAdapter(GCommBase.Client) in
py_xmlrpc/ClientAdapter.py. The code already includes it, and is the
official 0.5.3 release from the website.

Thanks for your quick response.

--
Jos? Esteban