Re: [GNUe] supported databases/drivers

From: Christopher Lewis
Subject: Re: [GNUe] supported databases/drivers
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:20:57 -0600

On Thursday 18 March 2004 02:32 pm, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> Am Do, 2004-03-18 um 21.02 schrieb Christopher Lewis:
> > Since you brought it up, what should the provider be for the
> > postgresql-python package?  I used "provider=postgresql" and the designer
> > won't logon to the database.  The simple form wizard won't get past
> > selecting the datasource.
>
> There is no program or library that is officially called
> "postgresql-python", and I do not know what is in the package with that
> name.
>
> But I would bet it's either pypgsql or pygresql. You might want to try
> both and tell us if one of them worked.

You're right.  If I had looked the the docs included with it, I would have
seen pygresql.  I'll try that next.

> > However, if I use a mysql datasource, it does ask for the logon, and it
> > works fine.  I just wanted to try PostgreSQL, since that's what seems to
> > be supported.  Otherwise, I will just try building my apps with mysql.
>
> As mentioned before on this list, MySQL support is unfortunately broken
> in 0.5.3. It will most probably work again in 0.5.4.
>
> Thanks,

Really?  I didn't pay any attention to that message, since you only need to
specify "type=innodb" when creating your table to use transactions.  I had
some problems with MySQL 5.0, but that affected more than just GNUe.  I'm
running mysql 4.1.1 right now, and it saves data.

The only thing I noticed was an annoying problem in data entry mode where it
won't save data, just creates a blank record.  However, if I go to query mode
and change the data, it gets saved.  I'll play with it some more and see what
happens.
--
Christopher Lewis
address@hidden