Re: [GNUe] curses RAD

From: James Thompson
Subject: Re: [GNUe] curses RAD
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:08:14 -0600

Please forgive if this is a tripple post.

> - Can the GNUe toolkit "Designer" create curses based screens in a RAD
> style as it does with the other languages? - If not are there any other

Designer is based upon wxPython and requires it to execute.  However form
files it creates are ran by gnue-forms which has support for multiple UI
types such as wxPython and even curses.  Our curses support is based on a
almost completely re-written python curses library known as NSTTI.  There are
still some features missing from this library that have prevented our curses
driver from being feature complete.

> <Misc>
> Have looked at the following options but for various reasons are not
> acceptable: - Oracle Forms

gnue-forms is inspired by Oracle Forms.  A few of used the older, text based
version of the product and really liked it.  However we felt it had some
flaws so we have attempted to make a better product.  In some areas we far
exceed that product, in others we're still behind a bit.  If you could
possibly explain your reasons for rejecting Oracle Forms we could then
explain any differences in gnue-forms.

Take Care,
James