Re: [gnugo-devel] Interface ?

From: Evan Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Interface ?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:51:05 -0500

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:52:27 +0700, sugi <address@hidden> wrote:
> > A fair amount of debug information can be showed on a graphical board
> > by view.pike (in the regression directory) but not while playing. The
> > emacs interface (interface/gnugo.el) gives less information but can do
> > that while playing. Then there are a number of GUIs for playing but
> > without debug support.
> Is there any information on how to implement this 'debug support'?
> Can it be done via GTP ?
> Where can i find more information, more specific requirements, etc?

It can absolutely be done via GTP.  I think the best information on
how to do it would probably come from reading regression/view.pike in
the GNU Go source code.  Also, the GNU Go documentation contains a
fair amount of detail about the available GTP commands.

I think something like a standard GUI that also had the features of
view.pike might be useful.