Re: [gnugo-devel] Interface ?

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Interface ?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:15:56 -0800

> > > A fair amount of debug information can be showed on a graphical board
> > > by view.pike (in the regression directory) but not while playing. The
> > > emacs interface (interface/gnugo.el) gives less information but can do
> > > that while playing. Then there are a number of GUIs for playing but
> > > without debug support.
> > Is there any information on how to implement this 'debug support'?
> > Can it be done via GTP ?
> > Where can i find more information, more specific requirements, etc?
>
> It can absolutely be done via GTP.  I think the best information on
> how to do it would probably come from reading regression/view.pike in
> the GNU Go source code.  Also, the GNU Go documentation contains a
> fair amount of detail about the available GTP commands.

It is worth mentioning that new features were added to
gnugo.el in gnugo-3.7.2. They are relevant to anyone working
on the engine. Among the new features is a regression view
mode, an optional grid display, and the ability to scroll
forward and backward through the moves of a game.

You can also access the dragon data array, identify
dragons graphically by making them flash and issue
gtp commands. (These features were already in
gnugo.el since GNU Go 3.6).

Dan