Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:59:49 +0100

I wrote:
I have prepared a patch which adds cmake configuration files at
http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/ticket/191
They are written by a cmake beginner (me) but suffice for building on GNU/Linux and hopefully can be used on Windows.

Please see the ticket for instructions on how to build with cmake. If
you have Windows with MSVC, please give it a try and report how it
worked, or more likely how it failed, so we can fix problems and
evaluate whether this is an effective solution.

In an attempt to make this a little more convenient I have prepared a
version of GNU Go 3.7.11 with the cmake patch already applied. It can be downloaded from

http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo-3.7.11-cmake.tar.gz

I hope someone with access to some MSVC version will be able to try it out.

/Gunnar