Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:03:06 -0800

> I tried with Visual C++ 2005 Express and Visual Studio 2008 beta 2
> With both I get the message:
>
> The project file '___\gnugo-3.7.11-cmake\patterns\uncompress_fuseki.dsp' has
> been corrupted and cannot be opened.
>
> When I place the 'uncompress_fuseki.dsp' provided by Olav Müller-Loose in
> the patterns folder, it still generates lots of errors and warnings.
>
> When I also place the 'engine.dsp' provided by Olav Müller-Loose in the
> engine folder, it also doesn't build.

The versions of both uncompress_fuseki.dsp and engine.dsp provided
by Olav are in the CVS. I'm not sure if they're in the tarball that
Gunnar put up. If I understand correctly the dsp files will not
be used if you build with cmake, and Gunnar would like to do away
with the dsp files but perhaps not until after 3.8 release.

Can you send us the errors and warnings?

Dan