Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:22:42 +0100

Ben Lambrechts wrote:
I tried with Visual C++ 2005 Express and Visual Studio 2008 beta 2
With both I get the message:

The project file '___\gnugo-3.7.11-cmake\patterns\uncompress_fuseki.dsp' has
been corrupted and cannot be opened.

When I place the 'uncompress_fuseki.dsp' provided by Olav Müller-Loose in
the patterns folder, it still generates lots of errors and warnings.

When I also place the 'engine.dsp' provided by Olav Müller-Loose in the
engine folder, it also doesn't build.

Ben

PS1: I've tried to get a cmake-project working myself, but I don't have the
time to study the structure of that text-file I have to make for that.

PS2: Can You make a VS project for VS v8 instead of v6?

Maybe I wasn't clear on the purpose of my message. The point is to not use the existing project files but to use cmake to generate project files locally, specifically adapted to the available version of MSVC.

As described at http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/ticket/191 this involves downloading cmake from http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html and running it as explained at http://www.cmake.org/HTML/RunningCMake.html.

I have updated http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo-3.7.11-cmake.tar.gz to now exclude the project files (which were the stock 3.7.11 files).

/Gunnar