[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed packaging help needed

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed packaging help needed
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:34:51 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

That is bullshit unless you actively remove things from the
tarball in which case you'd need different gnumed-server
packages for bootstrapping and upgrading. You can upgrade to
any version between what-I-have and latest-in-the-tarball.

Ahh, you mean that the SQL code contained in the tarball
enables installing server versions < the latest version.
OK.  If you ask me I would ask the user: Do you want to
upgrade / install the latest version? [Yes/No]  If the
answer is different from Yes I would notify the user that
he should continue from here manually.

Of course, it may be another reasonable design decision to
only support upgrading to the latest version in the tarball
which then needs to be clearly documented again.

IMHO this is what I wrote above.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--