Re: Greek in email

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Greek in email
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 01:48:04 -0500

On 3/23/23, G. Branden Robinson <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Now that's really weird.  GMail shows me the response part of your
> message, but Neomutt does not, making it look like you did not respond
> at all except for (part of) the quotation--and the attachment.  I've
> never encountered _that_ bug before.  Manually reconstructing.]

The archived version of this message
(http://lists.gnu.org/r/groff/2023-03/msg00084.html) displays the way
you're seeing it in Neomutt, so the bug doesn't seem to be (only) in
Neomutt.  And groff@gnu.org didn't deliver Deri's message to my gmail
address at all, not even to my Spam folder; perhaps you only got it
because you were explicitly cc:ed?  Did other groff@ subscribers
receive it in email?

The original message, available in the mbox archive at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/mbox/groff/2023-03 (search for
text, not just the attachment, is base64 encoded, which I presume is
due to all the quoted Greek characters (even though Branden's original
message with those characters used quoted-printable encoding).  This
is unusual -- amongst most messages sent to groff@, and amongst most
messages Deri sends -- so perhaps helps account for the unusual
behavior?