Re: Greek in email

From: Deri
Subject: Re: Greek in email
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:56:45 +0000

On Friday, 24 March 2023 08:04:12 GMT Dave Kemper wrote:
> On 3/24/23, Dave Kemper <saint.snit@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The original message, available in the mbox archive at
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/mbox/groff/2023-03 (search for
> > text, not just the attachment, is base64 encoded,
>
> And upon decoding this, it turns out that even THIS is truncated in
> exactly the same place as the HTML version in the archive.  So the
> full message appears to exist nowhere but in Branden's (and presumably
> Deri's) mailbox(es).
>
> That still doesn't account for Branden seeing different versions of
> the message depending on what software displayed it, unless neomutt
> was looking at the (truncated) message delivered by gnu.org, while
> gmail was looking at the (intact) direct cc: copy?

I think it is probably my version of kmail at fault. When I look at the email
in my sent-mail folder (i.e. what I actually sent to the list), I see the
truncated version (the multi-part in base64), because by default I want to see
the text only version, but if I click the button to view "html version" (the
multi-part in quoted printable) the message includes my comment at the bottom.

When kmail sends the message the text in both parts should be the same, but in
this case it was not. It is my fault too, in that I should have switched off
html before replying. :-(

Cheers

Deri