Re: My Guile Wishlist

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: My Guile Wishlist
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:13:40 -0600

    Evan> 3. I wish that when I loaded Guile, I could get a system
    Evan> with only R5RS Scheme + modules support, until I started
    Evan> enhancement to Scheme had to be loaded with (use-modules).

    NJ> I think it is OK for `guile' to include some Guile extensions,
    NJ> as long as we also provide a `guile --pure' for what you want.

OK, but I'm using 1.5.6, with an un-modified (ice-9 boot), and
readline in my .guile, when I start Guile I can do this:

---8<---
      guile> (<tab>
      Display all 1589 possibilities? (y or n) n
      guile> (
---8<---

One thousand, five hundred and eighty-nine completions, out of the
box, without (use-modules)'ing anything. Now, you can say that that's
all out of stuff added with (ice-9 boot), but regardless of where it
comes from, this is what I see when I start Guile.

I think this might make Guile the largest language in history. I don't
think Common Lisp has more than six or seven hundred or so built-ins.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
address@hidden