Re: Happy birthday, Guile!

From: Jeremy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Re: Happy birthday, Guile!
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 23:14:09 +0100

Le dimanche 16 février 2020 à 15:56 +0100, Ludovic Courtès a écrit :
> Hello Guilers!
>
> Today, it’s been 9 years since Guile 2.0 came out!
>

> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2011-02/msg00173.html
>
> It’s impressive how much has been accomplished since 2.0, and how
> what
> seemed like a pipe dream back then came into reality with 3.0.  I
> think
> Guile 2.0 started a renaissance of Guile, and it’s in bloom now.  :-)
>
> We used to have a “Guile potluck” for the anniversary, where people
> would bring their own hacks and virtually join for a party.  We
> missed
> it this year, but if there’s a nice hack that you’d like to share,
> now
> is a good time!
>
> Happy hacking with Guile!
>
> Ludo’.

Hello Guilers and happy birthday to Guile !

I am so grateful to be part of this community. I realize I am a baby
hacker here.

I was and still am very inspired by the work, passion and kindness you
all put into Guile and relative projects. Please keep going !

I started to hack in Guile with guile-cybo (work in progress) :
https://framagit.org/Jeko/guile-cybo

Then I start to bridge some fields in which I am interested in (health,
nutrition and environment) with a new web-oriented project:
https://framagit.org/Jeko/guile-ynm (empty haha but on its way)
https://framagit.org/Jeko/guile-ciqual (to convert xml food composition
table into sxml and play with it)

Cheers, hackers !