guix-devel

Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]

From: Jonathan Brielmaier
Subject: Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:04:44 +0000

Am Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:39:41 +0100, Mathieu Othacehe schrieb:
> First, I still need to connect the four overdrives machine to the new
> Cuirass remote building mechanism, and I would need some help for that
> (asked on guix-sysadmins). But, I'm not sure it will much improve the
> situation.
>
> Longer term, we need to figure out a better solution. It's now
> obvious that we do not have the computation power to build all our
> branches for 5 different architectures, relying heavily on emulation for
> armhf and aarch64. Anyone knows how Nix deals with that?

I can not speak for Nix, but openSUSE has around 10 more or less powerful ARM
servers for native building. See https://build.opensuse.org/monitor

Some weeks ago i did some research on ARM servers. TL;DR There are some
options, even fast ones, but its not easy to found shops who sell them and have
them in stock...

--
Sent from Ubuntu Touch