guix-devel

Re: Staging branch [substitute availability armhf-linux]

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Staging branch [substitute availability armhf-linux]
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:44:17 +0100

> The armhf-linux platform is in the worst shape, both on the master and
> staging branches. It's a shame because it's also the least powerful,
> with almost no hardware thermally capable of sustained CPU usage, so
> users will have the worst experience building packages for it.
>
> Does anyone want to work on it? Should we just "fix it on the master
> branch?"

Your weather summary is a great idea, thanks! As I said in my previous
email, the armhf substitutes are not built right now on the CI. It's
really sad but we have to make an impossible choice between:

* Trying to build everything on all architecture and have the CI that is
  awfully lagging behind.

* Restrict the number of architecture we want to provide substitutes
  for.

Thanks,

Mathieu