help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: [Fwd: HELP TO INSTALL 1.2.0.0 RELESASE.]

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: [Fwd: HELP TO INSTALL 1.2.0.0 RELESASE.]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:53:40 +0100 (MET)

Hi Marcel,

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, MX wrote:

> [...] But I can't install it and anjoy
> myself ! See the attached mail sent to the list.
>
> Can you help me ?

I'll do my best.  By the way, if you post to `help-3dldf' without
subscribing, your posting is automatically discarded.  I've done
this to keep spam out.  I'll forward your message and this reply, since
they might be helpful to others.

I've had this error myself not too long ago.  However, I don't remember
what I did to fix it, so you may have to try a couple of things.

If you downloaded the sources more than a couple of days ago, then you
should update them.  I don't think I had to make any changes to fix the
problem, but I don't remember exactly.  There is a forward declaration of
`class Scanner_Type' in `pspglb.web'.  I think it's a build problem rather
than a programming problem.  I suggest you try building `loader.o' and
`pspglb.o' separately first, then `make ldf', i.e.:

make loader.o
make pspglb.o
make ldf

I usually don't bother with `make install'.

When I get back from lunch, I'll download the current snapshot and try to
build it on my machine.  If I get the same error, I should be able to fix
it.

Thanks for your interest, and please let me know how you get on.

Laurence