Re: Changing user login shell to new bash release

From: Kerin Millar
Subject: Re: Changing user login shell to new bash release
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 05:37:55 +0100

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 06:28:31 +0200
Khan Smith <khansmith@mail.com> wrote:

> Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 4:19 AM
> From: "Alex fxmbsw7 Ratchev" <fxmbsw7@gmail.com>
> To: "Kerin Millar" <kfm@plushkava.net>
> Cc: "Khan Smith" <khansmith@mail.com>, "help-bash" <help-bash@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: Changing user login shell to new bash release
> the concern is ./script with #!/bin/bash wont usr/local
>
> I do not have that concern on the functionality that I provide to the console
> terminal.
> With other functionalities, I can change to #!/usr/local/bin/bash

Given that /usr/local/bin usually precedes /bin in PATH, #!/usr/bin/env bash
could be another option. That way, your scripts will continue to work in the
event that your distribution gets around to providing the version of bash that
you need and you decide to uninstall the local copy.

--
Kerin Millar