Re: x + (y) + z

From: Derek M Jones
Subject: Re: x + (y) + z
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:03:08 +0000

Hans,

>You are not processing the C language, but some other language, with the
>context dependencies of the C language removed.

Correct.  I only claim to be processing C syntax on a
single statement/declaration basis (and then only at the visible
source level)..

> Perhaps check the newsgroup
>comp.comilers for better input on that problem.

I am a regular reader of that news group.

>>Good alternative suggestion.  But this still requires tree rewriting
>>after the expression has been parsed. My %gooa option proposal
>>avoids this grammar violence.
>
>Featuritis should be posted in bug-bison. You can only expect to get such
>features into Bison if there is someone willing to volunteer doing the work.

I have been looking at the source.  You never know...

>Alternatively, you might introduce a new token-name both for type-names and
>number-names. I.e., instead of
>%token type-name number-name
>you write
>%token token-type-name
>%%
>type-name: token-type-name;
>number-name: token-type-name;
>
>You then get a correct GLR parse, and can try to sort out the ambiguity
>later.

I don't understand what you are getting at here.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                     tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                         mailto:address@hidden