Re: x + (y) + z

From: Frank Heckenbach
Subject: Re: x + (y) + z
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:36:56 +0100

Derek M Jones wrote:

> Frank,
>
> >> Unfortunately glr parsing is not a universal solution.  It requires that
> >> at the end of processing there be a unique parse tree (the multiple
> >> parse trees that may exist while processing the input tokens are required
> >> to eventually resolve to a single parse).
> >
> >Have you looked at `%merge'?
>
> That option has the limits on its use as %dprec.

Which limits exactly? I tried it with your original example
`x + (y) + z' and it seems to work well (see attachment).

If your grammar is different and it doesn't work for you, it might
help to post the relevant parts of your actual grammar.

Frank

--
Frank Heckenbach, address@hidden
http://fjf.gnu.de/