Re: [help-bison]How to stock information?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: [help-bison]How to stock information?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:57:29 +0200

On 20 Jul 2005, at 23:06, alfonso wrote:

This reminds me of a gripe I had when learning to use Bison (not that I'm an exper or anything, but I know enough to use it) - the calculator example in the docs is so trivial that it is completely worthless, and the existing language grammars such as C and C++ (good lord) are way too complex for the
purposes of learning Bison.

I'd really like to see a language with about 10 or 15 keywords written as an example. Granted, I know the answer - if I want to see it, I should write it
myself, but who has time for documentation ;)

You don't use the whole grammars of say C++, but only selected subparts, say for the type of expressions that you want. Don't try to copy the C++ informal grammar-like stuff, because you will get into trouble; just use it as an inspiration.