Re: unmaintained package?

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: unmaintained package?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:31:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Bob Rossi wrote:

> Am I correct in assuming that both flex and bison are unmaintained? or
> is there an active community working on these projects?

Bison is certainly maintained as you can see in the mailing list archives.

> I just looked at the flex NEWS file, and it hasn't been changed since
> 1996.

It sounds like you're looking at flex 2.5.4. Soon after that release, I
believe flex no longer implements the lex standard. That's probably why
you only have 2.5.4.  I'm not sure who the official maintainer is now, but
googling debian and sourceforge should get you started.

Joel