RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:28:49 -0400

Here's the bottom line John

1. If you want to launch a NEW instance of emacs every time, use
   runemacs.exe.

2. If you want to use an existing, already running instance of emacs,
   use gnuclientw.exe / gnuserv

That's it. If you don't, for whatever reason, want to load, use, even
look at gnuclientw / gnuserv, then you will have to launch a new
instance of emacs. Period!

It is NOT an association issue. It is an issue of what program you
call to get the file sent to emacs from within the send to folder. If
you insist on calling runemacs, then a new instance (with all of the
associated load times, memory usage, and resource drains) will be
launched.

 - Chris

--
    Chris McMahan | address@hidden