help-gift

[help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)

From: Howard Lee
Subject: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:12:34 +1100 (EST)

Hi everyone,

        I am just wondering if any one can help me with the problem I
encountered while installing GIFT program:

=====
Checking for module XML::XQL in your perl setup
      XML::XQL is missing.
        Perl gives us the following error message:
        XML/XQL/Parser.pm did not return a true value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/XQL.pm line
969.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/XQL.pm line
969.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 55) line 1.;
Checking for module XML::XQL::DOM in your perl setup
XML::XQL::DOM: OK
Checking for module Text::Iconv in your perl setup
Text::Iconv: OK
Checking for module HTTP::Request in your perl setup
HTTP::Request: OK
Checking for module XML::Parser in your perl setup
XML::Parser: OK
There were one or more missing Perl modules. Please install them
      or adjust your Perl library path befor trying again.

     This error message was generated  at gift-check-perl-config.pl line
43.
configure: error: There are some modules missing from your perl
configuration. Please see the output above.
=====

        This problem still exists even after I obtained and installed the
XML::XQL module. Can any one help? Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Howard