help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:27:17 +0100

On Friday 09 January 2004 07:12, Howard Lee wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>       I am just wondering if any one can help me with the problem I
> encountered while installing GIFT program:

OK. I looked into this, and the problem is that the makefile of XML::XQL
expects yapp (the command line tool belonging to Parse::Yapp) to reside in
/usr/bin or something. So if you do install-in-home.sh, the fact that a fresh
Parse::Yapp is installed in ~/perl/ does not help you much :-/ . Apparently
everybody else testing the gift-prerequisites package had a yapp installed,
so far.

The way to workaround this, is to install the Parse::Yapp into the default
location and then reinstall the rest.

For fixing the makefile, I am looking into this, but if you are faster,
David/Howard/Henning, then I won't complain and gladly apply the patch.

Cheers,
Wolfgang