help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)

From: Howard Lee
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:07:40 +1100 (EST)

Dear Dr. Mueller,

        Sorry I was away for the past few weeks. I had followed your
advise, and varified the Parse::Yapp package is installed in the default
directoy (/usr/bin) and I also reinstall the XML::XQL package and had
varified the XML::XQL package is working. However while running the GIFT
configure command (in root) , it still reports the XML::XQL module is
missing. The
error message states as follows:

XML::XQL is missing.
        Perl gives us the following error message:
        XML/XQL/Parser.pm did not return a true value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/XQL.pm line
969.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/XQL.pm line
969.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 55) line 1.;

================

        To examing this error, I opened up the XQL.pm file and the line
969 states:
                use XML::XQL::Parser;

        I had also checked that Parser directory exists under XQL. => just
wondering: what is the condition to for the above statement to return a
true value? Maybe I am missing something here??

        Thank you very much in advance for your advise.

Sincerely,
Howard

PS. things I have tried so far hoping to resolve the GIFT installation
problem on my machine:

logged in as root:

        reinstalling Parse::Yapp
        reinstalling XML::XQL module
        adding /usr/lib to the PATH
        installing gift-prerequisites-0.09 package
        ocnfiguring gift-0.1.9 (problem occurred)