[Help-glpk] Mac OS X ODBC MathProg

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: [Help-glpk] Mac OS X ODBC MathProg
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:32:54 +0800

I am trying to run my transp_odbc_sqlite3.mod in Mac OS X.

I compiled glpk-4.42 in Mac OS X

./configure  --enable-dl --enable-dl=dlfcn --enable-odbc=unix  --enable-odbc

make

make install

It seems that Mac OS X have is own naming convention for shared
libraries. It uses *.dylib instead of *.so for unix and linux.

"Macports" uses this patch for glpk (I emailed the maintainer of glpk
last year but I did get a reply) still 4.39.

http://glpk.darwinports.com/

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±
Variant: odbc description {enable MathProg ODBC support} {
depends_lib-append port:unixODBC
configure.args-append --enable-odbc=unix
post-patch {
reinplace "s|libodbc.so|${prefix}/lib/libodbc.dylib|g" ${worksrcpath}/configure
±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

Andrew, how to I use this patch? What file should I be looking for
"libodbc.so" and replaced it with libodbc.dylib. Better iODBC i.e.
libiodbc.dylib (see explain below)

However, I am looking at /usr/lib in Mac OS X 10.5.8, there is no
libodbc.dylib but just libodbc.a. Iodbc is complete support in this
filesystem (i.e. libiodbc.dylib, etc. are presented). Mac OS 10.6 snow
drops obdc utilities. ODBC no longer present in Mac OS 10.6. I think
everybody in Mac OS X use iODBC anyway. (I was playing with one of the
Mac OS X 10.6 in computer store yesterday).

Andrew,  I think support for iODBC in Mac OS X compilation is
sufficient enough to run MathProg in Mac OS.

This is result of the run and error.
±±±±±±±±±
GLPSOL: GLPK LP/MIP Solver, v4.42
Parameter(s) specified in the command line:
 -m transp_odbc_sqlite3.mod
Reading model section from transp_odbc_sqlite3.mod...
Reading data section from transp_odbc_sqlite3.mod...
116 lines were read
Reading plants...
unable to open library libodbc.so
dlopen(libodbc.so, 9): image not found
transp_odbc_sqlite3.mod:45: error on opening table plants
MathProg model processing error

Noli